Sunday, February 14, 2021

Topic Research: King Arthur and the Zodiac

King Arthur and His Knights' Battles Against the Stars

For my stories, I would like there to be an overarching theme of King Arthur and his knights battling the zodiac. I thought maybe doing it by trails or battles so that they can prove themselves worthy of some treasure or achievement. 

King Arthur- Battle with Leo (Nemean Lion) 

I thought to have King Arthur battle the sign of the Leo, which is represented in Greek mythology by the Nemean Lion. I think it would be good to mention that Heracles (Hercules) battled the Nemean lion before him and won. This could be a measure to see if he is strong enough to be king. 


The sign of Leo. (Source: Pixabay )


Lancelot- Libra (Scales of justice) guilt of affair with Guinevere

For this trial, I thought to have Lancelot do the second one. He is the best friend of King Arthur until the affair in a lot of the stories, so I thought it would only be fitting to have him as part of the story. I thought to place this before it is revealed that he has an affair with Guinevere. In facing him before the Scales of Justice is testing his loyalty to Arthur and the crown and his own heart. 


The sign of Libra. (Source: Pixabay )


Gawaine and Gareth- Battle against Gemini (Castor and Pollux) Chariot race? Joust? 

Since Castor and Pollux in Greek mythology usually represent Gemini, I wanted to pair them up against a pair of knights. Gawaine and Gareth are said to be brothers in the legends. I thought to have them maybe do a horse race or joust against Castor and Pollux, because of the Greek myth that Castor and Pollux are good horsemen. 


The sign of Gemini. (Source: Pixabay )



Each of these stories will probably be told in the third person because I think I will be able to better describe the scenes and tell the story if I'm not switching perspectives. I also thought the setting of the story might be in some heavenly realm that they travel to or something. 


Sources

I used the same sources for all the stories. Mainly Wikipedia and the Arthur Unit from the class materials. I also found a great website that I thought maybe a good resource. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zodiac

-https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castor_and_Pollux

-http://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/search/label/Unit%3A%20King%20Arthur

-https://kingarthursknights.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Story Lab week 15: Six Word Stories/ Microfiction

       Henry Mills, The New Author Henry Mills sat in his room thinking over how he had just become the Author, keeper, and teller of all st...