Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Storybook Favorites

 So, I just want to say first off I had a lot of fun with looking through the different storybooks from past students and will definitely be going back to read the others. I really like Disney, Greek, Roman, and Norse mythology, Bible stories, and fairytales that have a twist to them. I am also a HUGE fan of the show Once Upon a Time. So, with all that being said I am so excited for this class and this assignment! Here are a list of the 3 stories I chose as my favorites:

1.) Peter Pan: Revisited


This storybook's title caught my eye because of it being about Peter Pan. I'm a fan of fairytales, Disney, and twisted fairytales, so I was eager to look into this one. The title really explained the story well and tells the reader what it's about. The introduction was laid out in an interesting way, in my opinion. It explains that the author is acting as the audience and will bring them along for the ride during an interview with characters like the notoriously known Capitan Hook. I also really liked the lay out. It was serious and gave a darker feel to the story than usually what the original Disney would be portrayed as. 

2.) The Gods and Goddesses of Daily Life 


I really liked this one because, as I mentioned, I love Greek mythology and twisted stories. I appreciated that the author chose to focus on minor goddesses that we do not hear much of. I also liked that this writer used Janus, another minor god, to narrate the story. I do think the story could have been styled a bit more, but I really liked the content of it. The author also used an unique way in wrapping everything up that I appreciated. 

3.) Disney's Grim Grinning Ghosts 


This storybook stood out to me originally because it's title had the word "Disney" in it. When I started reading it, I was very entertained by it. I have only been to Disney World, not Disneyland but was excited to hear ghost stories about some familiar fun rides I knew. I appreciated that they put so much creativity into the stories. I liked how the author's notes wrapped everything up, as well. The layout was also impressive and I liked that they used pictures from the rides in it. 



Sneak Peek into my own ideas for my storybook! 


(Source: zuko1312 on Flikr. This is  a snap shot of a promotional postcard used for the show "Once Upon a Time" link:OUAT Promo Postcard | SDCC 2016 | zuko1312 | Flickr )

So as I mentioned at the beginning of this post, I am a HUGE fan of the TV show Once Upon a Time. (I even got to meet Lana Parrilla, a star from the show! 😆😄😆) Sadly, the show ended and left a lot of fo stories hanging. One of the arcs I feel like they didn't fill out enough was "The Land of Untold Stories." So maybe I will do something with that? 🤷 Stay tuned to find out in a few weeks! 😁



No comments:

Post a Comment

Story Lab week 15: Six Word Stories/ Microfiction

       Henry Mills, The New Author Henry Mills sat in his room thinking over how he had just become the Author, keeper, and teller of all st...