Thursday, January 28, 2021

Growth Mindset Opinions

 So as I watched the TED talk by professor Carol Dweck on growth mindset, I really got interested in it. As a child, I was in a school that did not challenge me and did not provide a growth mindset environment. There were also other students who would just give up and not continue to grow. If there had been this kind of environment, I would have been challenged more and the kids who were struggling would have been able to achieve more. While there are state standards that schools have to upkeep, I think that there are more creative ways we could incorporate this way of thinking. I also appreciated when she was talking about making "Challenge the new comfort zone." I want to try to be more like this in my own personal life and academic life so that I grow in more than just good grades.


 


Growth Mindset Infographic
(Source: Accredited Online Training link- https://www.aot.edu.au/infographics/fixed-vs-growth-mindset/?epik=dj0yJnU9dk9lWDRkelY2UWFWR09kVWVja2dMZk0zY1FLT0NSUjYmcD0wJm49a09kblJQQUVHRjdQMkM0WHJobUNSQSZ0PUFBQUFBR0FUUnQ4 ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Story Lab week 15: Six Word Stories/ Microfiction

       Henry Mills, The New Author Henry Mills sat in his room thinking over how he had just become the Author, keeper, and teller of all st...