Monday, February 8, 2021

Feedback Thoughts

 This assignment we were to pick 2 different articles dealing with the subject of feedback and how we deal with it. The two I chose were "Why rejection hurts so much- and what to do about it," and "Silence the Critical Voices in Your Head." The first article was very helpful to me, I have always struggled with accepting rejection in a healthy manner. I enjoyed reading the tips that the author gave in the article for combatting the negative effects of rejection. In the second article I like the one-to-five-ratio that the author describes to silence the critical voices we deal with everyday. As I have gotten older as a student I can deal with rejection a bit better. But I still find myself every time I get a grade back on something that has feedback on it, skipping over the positive and going straight to what I did wrong. My worse times receiving feedback has been when a teacher in class tells me in front of other students. I feel like I always focus on the negatives when that happens, even when there is not much negative feedback. My best times I have had feedback is when I get positive feedback, negative feedback, and then positive feedback again. This helps "sandwich" the feedback so I don't get it all at once.   This gives a boost of self-confidence for me and gives me the negative feedback in smaller pieces so that I don't focus on too much at one time and feel overwhelmed. 

 Rejected Stamp
(Source: Pixabay )


No comments:

Post a Comment

Story Lab week 15: Six Word Stories/ Microfiction

       Henry Mills, The New Author Henry Mills sat in his room thinking over how he had just become the Author, keeper, and teller of all st...