Monday, February 8, 2021

Topic Brainstorm

 My Chosen Topics

Astrology and Star Mythology

My first pick is the astrology myths and stories. I really enjoy looking at astrology signs and reading about the stars. I think it would be cool to write about a few of my favorite signs. Maybe doing a couple of profiles based on some signs would be a good idea. I also enjoy the stories in mythology about stars and about how each culture explains the different constellations. If I choose this route, I would probably put a  more modern retelling on it to give me a bit more freedom to play with the stories a bit. 

Research Link(s):

Greek Mythology 

My second idea is to do something based off of classical Greek mythology. I am not sure if I want to do just the gods and goddesses or other stories, yet. But again, I like the idea of retelling in a more modern setting. I also like the idea of putting special twists into each story I choose and then connecting them all together, so that there is an overarching theme or point. I think this would be a good opportunity for me to learn even more about one of my favorite types of mythology. 

Research Link(s):

Mermaids

I really like the diea of doing a storybook project on mermaids. One of my favorite fairytales is The Little Mermaid and all the creative ways its been retold over the years. I wouldn't mind maybe retelling it in my own way. I also think it may be interesting to do something for the different mermaids throughout different cultures. Maybe choosing 4 different cultures and looking at their myths over mermaids and retelling them or telling it from the mermaids' points of view. 

Research Link(s):

King Arthur

My idea for this topic was to maybe put a twist in the story. Maybe giving King Arthur a son or daughter and giving  some of the other characters children and working through that within the traditional story. I think it will be very interesting to research more into this topic. I know some of the stories, but not all of the stories of King Arthur. I also would maybe like to look at the stories from different character points of view. 

Research Link(s):









The zodiac signs on a dial 
(Source Pixabay )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Story Lab week 15: Six Word Stories/ Microfiction

       Henry Mills, The New Author Henry Mills sat in his room thinking over how he had just become the Author, keeper, and teller of all st...