Sunday, January 31, 2021

Time Strategies

So this assignment was all about time management... something I definitely need help with! Unfortunately, I have been known in the past because of my procrastination and "scatter-braininess." I always keep my promises and get things done, but usually there are easier less dramatic ways for me to get those tasks done. This class will really help me with that. Online classes have really challenged me since we had to go online in Spring 2020. So hopefully, by the time I graduate, I will be much better in my time-management skills. While we went over useful tips for keeping up to date with everything with class, we also chose 2 articles to read that held good tips and strategies for helping with time management. The two articles I chose were:

- The Myth of Too Busy-The Myth of "Too Busy" - Book Launch

- How to Beat Procrastination-  How to Beat Procrastination (hbr.org) 


Both of these articles addressed things I struggle with. The first article I read talked about being "too busy." I am famous for using that phrase. When i feel overwhelmed I always have a freak out moment and say " I'm just too busy!" and leave things undone that probably could've got done if I had, as the article said, prioritized my time. So, I'm going to try to change my language and my mindset and use the tips that the writer talked about. Most oft he battle for scheduling and managing my time is all in my head. 

In the second article I read about tips to help me beat an old foe of mine... procrastination. Anyone else guilty of procrastinating till the last minute and then freaking out till the thing is done? I've done that a lot in the past and as I'm getting ready to leave college, I realize I really need to get a handle on this bad habit of mine. This article helped explain that its natural for my brain to want to do this, though. That really helped with my outlook on it. I plan to write down these tips and hang them in my office space to help remember them. 




Time Management 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Story Lab week 15: Six Word Stories/ Microfiction

       Henry Mills, The New Author Henry Mills sat in his room thinking over how he had just become the Author, keeper, and teller of all st...