Thursday, April 15, 2021

Week 12 Lab: Six-Word Memoirs

 Six-Word Memoirs


Blank card, ready for a new story. (Pixabay)


So, for this week's story lab, I read up on NPR's website about six-word memoirs. I really liked this concept. I have seen it on social media a lot, but have never tried it myself. I think it makes story-telling even more meaningful. You only have six words, to sum up everything you are feeling or thinking. This makes the six words you string together much more valuable than the normal-sized novel or story you would write to explain a whole scenario or concept. The most intriguing ones for me were ones that tried to sum up their whole life's experience. I think it really resonated with me and how I want to be in my writing. I want it to be valuable and mean something. I think I would like to do a microfiction of my favorite fictional characters and do a six-word story or memoir for each of them. I think it would be very entertaining and will definitely be something I will be looking forward to doing for this class. This activity will help me to become a better, more creative, and concise writer in my opinion. I am looking forward to the challenge of starting to write microfictions like the six-word story.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Story Lab week 15: Six Word Stories/ Microfiction

       Henry Mills, The New Author Henry Mills sat in his room thinking over how he had just become the Author, keeper, and teller of all st...