Thursday, April 22, 2021

Famous Last Words: Getting Ready for my Future

 








A quote we used to use with youth I worked with. (Source: ourmindfullife.com)

So, this week has gone by super fast. It seems like since we are at the end of the semester, everything is super fast or super slow. Depends on the day for me, I guess.

The readings for the week went okay for me. I read the Faerie Queene unit this week. I will confess though, the story seemed to kind of drag on and on. I got to the end and wanted to see everything work out for the characters, but it left a lot of mystery about Lady Amoret. So that's what I did my story on. I had a lot of ideas about how I wanted the story to go, but with keeping it under 1000 words, I wrote about just her capture and what that may have looked like. That has probably been the biggest challenge for me this semester as a writer. I have had to learn to be more concise. In my other classes I am used to having to fill word count requirements for papers and assignments, so this has carried over into my other writing. I think I am improving on it though. I really appreciate Laura's and my classmates' help, as well. I had the chance to read some other people's writing earlier in the week because on Monday I was catching up during the grace period. My interest was really piqued in writing microfiction and six-word stories. Hopefully, I get a chance to try it out before the class ends. 

My other classes are going well. I am juggling everything quite nicely. *knocks on wood* I really cannot wait for the semester to be over though. I already have a job and am looking forward to starting my career. I am really excited to put the skills I have learned over the last 4 years in college to use to help people. 

Next week, I hope to start wrapping things up. I only have one final to do for one of my classes, so that's going to be a lot less stressful than usual. I am also apartment hunting and will hopefully find somewhere soon. Finally, my last week at my current job is also next week. I am looking forward to finishing things in this chapter of my life and moving on to the next. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Story Lab week 15: Six Word Stories/ Microfiction

       Henry Mills, The New Author Henry Mills sat in his room thinking over how he had just become the Author, keeper, and teller of all st...