Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Week 8 Reading and Writing

 Week 8 in Review 

Looking Back...

    Overall I think that the reading and writing assignments are going great. My own personal schedule has been really busy, but I like that this class is structured to where even if I do miss any assignments, I can always catch them up later with extra credit. I'm pretty happy with how my blog and website have turned out. When I started this class, I did not know anything really about designing stuff like this. So for a beginner, I think I've done pretty well. I'm pretty satisfied with the direction my project is taking. I have a really emotionally and mentally tough internship and class load this semester, and my project stories and weekly stories, and reading have become a form of self-care for me. My biggest accomplishment in this class with my writing is it has really helped my creativity. I used to write a lot more when I was younger and I really enjoyed it. But as I got older I didn't have enough time and I really feel like I was letting my creativity go to waste. But this class gives me a great outlet for it and encourages it. My favorite reading so far is the Adam and Eve unit. I grew up in church hearing the classical Bible story but never read any of the Apocrypha, so it was interesting to add that into the story and even think about it on a more spiritual level for me, as well. I think my reading notes are helping some. They help me remember names and things about different gods and goddesses a lot.  


Image Information

I chose to use the image above from my favorite storybooks post I did at the beginning of the semester. This postcard was a promo for the show Once Upon a Time. The arc of the season they were promoting was about the land of untold stories. I thought it was fitting because in this class we are all telling our own stories and they are all unique just like the ones in the show. 





Looking Forward....

    Something I think I really need to focus on is maybe sticking to more of a schedule going forward? It's hard because I have an internship/practicum that the schedule changes day to day really. But I think this just means I need to be more intentional with my free time and downtime. I also think it would benefit me to maybe look into a different note-taking strategy. This would help me come up with ideas for stories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Story Lab week 15: Six Word Stories/ Microfiction

       Henry Mills, The New Author Henry Mills sat in his room thinking over how he had just become the Author, keeper, and teller of all st...